04 Sep Ceramic Pro: 2 Year Review
After nearly 2 years of installing Ceramic Pro, we felt it necessary to let you the end user know the truth about what we found.
The primary reason for this is that today’s market is saturated with ceramic installers and products, all claiming that their chosen ceramic is best and offering overhyped protection promises and, in some cases, flat out lies!
We are here to set the record straight and let you know exactly what to expect, both good and bad when you choose a Ceramic Pro coating from DSJ.
As with all ceramic coatings, there are certain rules to follow, but the number one rule is you must maintain them, or you will be very, very disappointed.
Rule 1 – Maintain the car properly and regularly.
If your car maintenance plan is as follows:
- “As and when I can be bothered” – Don’t choose Ceramic Pro.
- “At the local car wash” – Don’t choose Ceramic Pro.
- “With the cheapest chemicals I can find online” – Don’t choose Ceramic Pro.
Any ceramic coating, from any brand will suffer, and in some cases completely fail, if there is a lack of maintenance.
Rule 2 – Choose your installer wisely.
If you are expecting your ceramic coating to perform and last as per its warranty, then how it is installed is critical.
Many ceramic coating installers will do the very least amount of prep work they can in order to get jobs out the door quickly and maximise their profit.
The coating won’t last, the customer is left very unhappy and, in many cases, the installers go to excuse will be to blame your maintenance.
Rule 3 – Don’t believe the hype.
There are many videos online regarding ceramic coatings whacked with plastic lighters, scratched with keys and even set on fire – this is all complete tosh!
We advise you to make your decision based on talking honestly with a detailer and you will soon figure out where is best for your car.
At DSJ, we strive to inform the customer ahead of time, and before they spend a single penny, all of the following:
- What are the benefits of the coating?
- What are the potential issues with the coating?
- How to prevent or remedy these issues
- How long will it last?
- How it needs to be maintained and the costs involved
What follows is a detailed look at each of the Ceramic Pro coatings, with all the pros and cons we have found after installing Ceramic Pro on countless cars over the last 2 years.
Ceramic Pro Care+
- Longevity – 6 –12 Months
- Maintenance – Needs to be topped up annually at a cost of approx. £150.
- Performance – Superb water beading but will start to fade after 6 months.
- Durability – Will put up with stronger chemicals and can be washed monthly
- Cost – Ideal for those on a budget
Ceramic Pro Top Coat
- Longevity – 18 – 24 months
- Maintenance – Annual top-up is advised but not essential if maintained weekly with Ph neutral shampoo.
- Performance – Unparalleled water beading and gloss.
- Durability – Needs regular maintenance, ideally kept in a garage and can be greatly diminished if harsh or heavy Alkaline chemicals are used.
- Cost – Installation time and product cost are increased significantly compared to Care+
Ceramic Pro 9h
- Longevity – Lifetime Warranty
- Maintenance – No annual maintenance required
- Performance – Durable, chemical resistant and provides water sheeting rather than beading, which is great in hard water areas.
- Durability – Will put up with stronger chemicals, can be washed monthly and is the most scratch-resistant coating of the 3
- Cost – Installation and curing times are higher depending on the number of layers chosen, and product cost is double that of Top Coat.
Also due to the permanent bond 9h forms, the level of paint correction required will also increase the overall detail cost.
We hope you found this blog insightful and if you would like a quotation for a Ceramic Pro coating on your car, then please visit our website and send us a message.
More Blogs You Might Be Interested In
Check out our previous blog ‘Ceramic Pro 9h: Porsche 718 Cayman’ here.
Do you want to meet our team and understand what services we offer in further detail if so visit our blog here.
If you would like to know more about how to protect your car’s paint, check out a previous blog here.
Alternatively, book your car in for the signature DSJ detail here.
More information on how to protect your car with ceramic coating can be found here.
‘Blast from the past’ – find out which local celebrity came to drop off their pride and joy here.